Overseas Shipment Dimensions: One Aqua-Cycle™ has a shipping weight of 149 kg (327 lbs) and is 5.7 cubic meters (200 cu ft). Each is shipped partially assembled, meaning that we assemble the drive train (pedal crank to the rear axle) and you attach the wheels, seat and front fork upon delivery.
Overseas Packaging: Each Aqua-Cycle™ as shipped in three parts.
– One set of three wheels (75kg / 1.22m x 1.22m x 1.7m = 2.53m³)
– One box of seat, parts, umbrella and SparePak (28kg / 0.7m x 0.7m x 1.25m = 0.62m³)
– Pallet of frames (xx-kg / 2.0m x 1.5m x xx-m = xx-m³) Weight of xx-kg is calculated at 45kg per frame plus 46kg per pallet. Height of xx-m is calculated at 1.1m for pallet with one frame plus 0.4m additional height for each additional frame. Total of xx-m³ is all frames on one pallet.
Up to 4 frames can be loaded on one pallet for shipment by sea in a container. The total number of frames on one pallet for shipment by air varies per carrier.
For example: A shipment of 8 Aqua-Cycles™ by sea in a 20ft container:
8 sets of 3 wheels each (total: 600kg / 20.3m³)
8 boxes of 1 seat, parts, umbrella and SparePak (total: 224kg / 5.0m³)
2 pallets of 4 frames each (total: 452kg / 4.6m³)
Shipment by sea in a 20ft container = 18 units / 1266kg weight / 33.7m³ total
FCL – Full Container Load shipments by sea:
– Up to 22 Aqua-Cycles™, umbrellas and SparePaks can be loaded into one 45ft “high cube” container (when loaded at our plant)
– Up to 16 Aqua-Cycles™, umbrellas and SparePaks can be loaded into one 40ft “high cube” container (when loaded at our plant)
– Up to 15 Aqua-Cycles™, umbrellas and SparePaks can be loaded into one 40ft standard container (when loaded at our plant)
– Up to 8 Aqua-Cycles™, umbrellas and SparePaks can be loaded into one 20ft standard container (when loaded at our plant)
To maximize the quantity of Aqua-Cycles per container, sometimes we find it necessary to separate wheels from complete sets. There may be a few loose wheels in the container rather than all in sets.
We load your FCL order into a container at our plant for no additional charge. This helps minimize your cost, allows us to be sure your order is properly packed to protect the contents and maximize the number of units that can be loaded into the container. FCL is the most inexpensive method of shipping Aqua-Cycles™ overseas.
LCL – Less than Container Load shipments by sea: LCL is when a variety of products are loaded into the same container by a shipping line, freight forwarder, logistics company or consolidator. For quantities of 1 or 2 Aqua-Cycles, LCL may be cost effective. For shipments of 3 or more Aqua-Cycles™, it is less inexpensive to ship FCL.
Air Freight: The air freight shipping costs can range from $2,000 to $5,000 per Aqua-Cycle™. We recommend shipping air freight only when you must receive your order quickly. Please do not ask for an air freight shipping quote unless you are prepared to pay a very high shipping rate.
Shipping Charges: These include the various transportation costs and other fees such as for documents, special handling, insurance, port security clearance, etc. Not included are destination customs / duty / taxes / DDC charges, which are the responsibility of the consignee to pay separately.
Typically customers want us to handle the details of international shipping, but if you would rather do it yourself, simply put us in touch with your United States freight forwarder or consolidator. We will coordinate the final details with them.
Shipping Terms: All Aqua-Cycle™ orders are shipped INCOTERMS: CIF unless other arrangements have been made at the time of placing your order.
Shipping Quotations: We will be glad to request a shipping quote to the International seaport or airport nearest you. We must know approximately when you will be placing your order, the quantity of Aqua-Cycles™, umbrellas, SparePaks and the destination seaport or airport. Shipping quotes are estimations and subject to change at the time of order.
HS Code: This is the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System Code. The HS Code for Aqua-Cycle Water Trikes is 9506.29.0080.
Point of Origin: Aqua-Cycles™ are shipped from Brownwood, Texas – USA (zip code 76801).
Questions: Call us with any questions about shipping container capacities, the loading process, if you would like us to use a specific shipping line or if you have a freight forwarder with whom we should work.